Scripture: Galatians 2:2f Indeed I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinions, and I am no longer driven to impress God. (The Message)
O: Paul doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. He doesn't even worry what God thinks of him, because in Christ he already knows what God thinks of him! He's not worried about pleasing anybody. All he cares about is his mission to share the good news of God's love in Christ Jesus.
A: I wish I cared less what people think of me! I am a people pleaser. I really would not want folks to think I'm impatient, although I sometimes feel that way; or selfish, although sometimes I want what I want when I want it; or angry, although sometimes I feel furious. If only I could count more on what GOD thinks of me, made real in Christ, and less on what the world thinks of me...If only I could put the sharing of the good news at the center of everything, all the time...
P: God, may it be so, for Jesus' sake. Amen.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete